Portfolio Review for March 2018

By The Boy Who Procrastinates - March 31, 2018



With a blink of an eye, we have now come to the end of the March. This also marks the end of the 1st quarter of 2018. For the market, March can be described as a month of volatility with the STI dropping 2.44% from 3,513.85 to 3,427.97, occasionally crossing the 3,300 range during the last few days of the month. 

On the other hand, the SGX S-REIT 20 Index was trading sideway from 1,239.088 to 1,244.381, with an increment of 0.43%. 

One of the significant events is probably the signing of the executive memorandum on 22 Mar that would impose retaliatory tariffs on Chinese imports, which raised the prospect of a trade war. 

I have initially intended to review each and every counter in my portfolio but decided to keep this a short post as i have recently just got back from Taiwan for vacation and am busy with a financial programming project which I will publish soon. 


Action in March

I have initiated a position in Starhill Global REIT("SGR") at $0.715. The write-up on SGR can be found here.


Portfolio


As I have only started to review the portfolio formally from Feb, I have omitted the portfolio value in Jan. With the addition of SGR to the portfolio, my portfolio value has finally broke the $50,000 mark. This is perhaps one of the many milestones to achieve in this long financial journey. 

In order to keep track of my progress, I will also occasionally update my Portfolio page


Dividend


January and March were dry dividend months for me. The dividend i have collected thus far is from STI ETF in Feb. 

Total dividend collected: $79.50
Average dividend/month: $6.63

*Exchange Rate
1 EUR : 1.6158 SGD

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi,

    Congrats on crossing the $50K milestone. No need to justify to others why you bought a stock.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farmer,

      Thanks for dropping by! It is also more of a form of accountability to myself since i used to invest without a strong basis which is equivalent to speculation. 😅

      Delete
  2. Wishing all the best in your journey to financial freedom.
    Very impressed with your early planning and execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JamesBond007,

      Thank you for your well wishes! 😁 Let's strive towards financial freedom!

      Delete